Friday, February 16, 2007

Week Six!

February 13 -
Today I had a talk with Staci. Although I had learned a lot about the marketing at Cox Media, I felt that my time in marketing was not being used very well. Staci and I decided that it would be best if I spent my time on Tuesdays in production.

The guys were at a shoot at the Auto Mall so I went over there to help out. This shoot was a little different than usual because we were working with another advertising company. They did the creative thinking and writing for the ad and we did the filming. Many of the same shots were taken over and over again until the directors felt that the actor, light, and sound was perfect. It was very windy and I had to hold down the sunblocker so it didn't blow over into the very expensive cars. :-)

February 16 -
Remember that sushi commercial that the guys did? Today we did the editing for it. I batch captured all of the shots into Avid and made a rough cut. David came in and help me make the final cut of the commercial. It looked really nice. I can't wait to see it on TV!

Later I went with Kevin from marketing to meet with an old client of his. We went to the client's gym where he talked about his business, his lectures, and his new book about healthy weight-loss and life-styles. The client asked me to come up with some ideas for a potential commercial and asked Kevin to come up with a package of potential air times.

No comments: